Music Banter - View Single Post - The Amazing "Brownbird" Rudy Relic
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 10:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fenixpunk
The Erroneous Hoodlum

Default The Amazing "Brownbird" Rudy Relic

I grew up with this kid, went to high school with him, and almost started a band with him. When i moved to az and started my band, we played a party with his punk band called the snotz. He was crazy, a mixture of glenn danzig and gg allin. Havent seen him or heard from him in over 10 years.

Yesterday I find his Myspace page. Hes playin good ol fashion, foot stompin, hootin and hollerin blues. Old school style. him, a kazoo, and an old acoustic guitar. He plays clubs but can usually be found bluesin' it up on the NY Subway. Check the guy out, its seriously some of the rawest blues ive heard in a long time and hes already getting alot of attention.

Brownbird Rudy Relic <-click on this link!!

[Brownbird Rudy Relic]…is something of an anomaly, a traditionalist who blends early aspects of the blues with rhythmic incantations, reveling in a regression-as-salvation model, all the while opting for an all-original-composition-all-the-time-methodology that is both fresh and contemporary. His tunes are stark minimalist breakdowns of broken dreams and dark county rags that shake, shimmy and bust at the seams. His hollers are soaked in gasoline and set a flame, invoking the spirit of a time long dead, and bellowing with baritone thunder as they are extinguished by the stomp of his feet and pomp of his guitar. -E.J. ANDERSEN / PONY BLUES ZINE