Music Banter - View Single Post - The 2012 Music Banter User Awards: NOMINATIONS!
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 11:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Blarobbarg
Do good.

Best Avatar: Exoskeletal, or sure. Just look at that picture with the smoke and the eyes and the mysterious awesomeness. It's perfect.

Sexiest Member (Male): Gotta go with RVCA for this one. Dude makes me jealous with those smoldering looks and magnificent beard.

Sexiest Member (Female): I've always thought that WWWP was good looking.

Most Inane: Franco Pepe Kalle. Is there anything else that needs to be said?

Angriest Member: Urban Hatemonger? It's in his name. He mongers hate.

Biggest Drama Whore: GuitarBizarre. After reading his posts, it seems pretty obvious that he looks for trouble. I've had several nice conversations with him, so it's not like I hate him or anything, but he's kinda out to get... everyone, I guess.

Nicest Member: VEGANGELICA. She's basically kindhearted to everyone on the board. She's especially warm and welcoming to the new members. She really stands out amongst the bitter sarcasm that is typical with most MBers.

Best Debater:

Worst Debater: Norg. If there was an award for "Worst Member of the Year" I would nominate him in that category. The guy sis the most pointless, terrible poster we have.

Best Writer: Janszoon. Not only was his last journal the best writing I have ever seen on these forums, his new journal looks like it may surpass it.

Biggest Virtuoso: Plankton. He's a really, really good guitarist, and makes all of his own music. It's good stuff.

Smartest Poster: Tore. He's a Scientist. And based on how intelligent he seems in his posts, I'm pretty sure he has a doctorate in everything.

Funniest Member: Franco Pepe Kalle. Although it's all unintentional, he has some of the most quotable, hilarious posts. He's one of the only posters that can make me legitimately laugh out loud.

Best Mediator:

Biggest Troll: Hip Hop Bunny Hop. Half the time he seems sincere, half the time he just seems to want to start something.

Most Improved Member:

Most Underrated Poster:

Most Obscure Music Taste: Frownland. Musique concrete, the freest of free jazz, drone, pretty much anything that makes people uncomfortable.

Best Music Taste: A tie between Janszoon and Goofle. Literally anything either of them post is pure gold in my ears.

Biggest Music Nerd: Bob. He knows about more out-there, obscure, foreign, unknown (or a combination thereof) bands or artists than almost anyone else on the forum. At first I wrote him off, because honestly, I find his writing style to be a bit immature, but he knows his stuff.

Best Thread Starter:

Most Missed Poster: I was already considering it, but now that we know for sure that Howard the Duck/Il Duce has died of a heart attack, he deserves the award, for sure. He was absolutely insane, but I enjoyed his craziness, and I'm gonna miss him.

Thread of the Year: WWWP's Member Picture Gallery. This thread. This thread is the most brilliant of all threads, ever. Ever.

Journal of the Year: Unknown Soldier's "A Hard and Heavy History." It's pretty much one of the most well-thought-out, research-heavy, intelligent music-based journals I've ever read, not even just on MB.

Moderator of the Year: Pedestrian. She puts so much effort into making this place fun and enjoyable for the rest of us! Also, she put hats on all our avatars. That wins brownie points from me.

Best New Member 2012: Rjinn. She's integrated herself so quickly into the community it's like she's been here forever! Also, she's awesome.

Member of the Year 2012: I really like PoorOlPo and mojopinuck. Both for their personalities and for their taste in music (plus, Po makes crazy good art, which is always okay in my book). I mostly just wanted to nominate them for something or another, and I'd already filled up the other slots with other people, so I'm nominating them both for Member of the Year.

Biggest Lounge Lizard: FlyingPig. He only posts in the Your Day thread.

Member you'd most like to meet in real life: Frownland again. We seem to have a lot in common, and I've probably had more conversations with them in the Shoutbox than with anyone else. He's just a cool dude all around.

Member you'd most want to avoid meeting in real life: Hip Hop Bunny Hop again... honestly, I think that if we tried to hang out we'd just end up in a shouting match. Or maybe not.

Biggest Wanna-Be Moderator: Trollheart. Despite the fact that this award seems negative, I don't view it as such. TH is always reminding members of the rules, and generally making sure that the forum is well. That's good in my booK!

Most amusing Shoutboxer: It's gonna be a tie between Hermione and Forward To Death on this one. Both of them are really fun to banter with on there.

I'll be back with more later, when I look around the boards and think about it some more.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ ^my RYM^  。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

(◠‿◠✿)

Last edited by Blarobbarg; 12-09-2012 at 02:15 PM.