Music Banter - View Single Post - The 2012 Music Banter User Awards: NOMINATIONS!
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 10:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
The Big Dog

I'm going to do a brutally honest shoot, so don't get butthurt anyone.

Best Avatar: Trollheart. Mr Burns is one of my favourite Simpsons characters. Phantom Limb also has a good taste in avatars.
Sexiest Member (Male): I remember thinking TheBig3 was a handsome man.
Sexiest Member (Female):
Either FETCHER or Hermoine, both are cute alternative looking girls.
Most Inane: The Batlord Rarely has anything of interest to say outside a lame pun or an attempt to be funny.
Angriest Member: Urban Hatemonger seems like a rather aggressive individual. He couldn't step to this though.
Biggest Drama Whore: Anyone of the members who use The Bitch Box to complain about their sh/t lives.
Nicest Member: Burning Down's always seemed friendly. Trollheart too is always welcoming to newer members. Janzoon also picks up a nomination as father figure of the forum.
Best Debater: Most posters don't seem to have any reasoning behind why they feel certain ways, and when you call them on it, they usually hide. So, this is a hard award for me to nominate someone towards.
I remember MrDood giving me a good counter to an Aesop Rock debate, so I'm going with him. He's usually pretty intelligent and has a passion that makes me interested in his side of the debate.
Worst Debater:
Vanilla. You seem lovely and all, but I question your knowledge at times. I remember thinking why does she like this artist or music, and there never being any attached reasoning.
Best Writer: I enjoy Janzoon's style of writing. His 25 albums Journal was really interesting to read.
Biggest Virtuoso: Err...
Smartest Poster: Can we nominate ourselves? Naa, in reality; Freebase Dali has always struck me as rather clever as has TheBig3
Funniest Member: Franco Pepe Kelle. He's the drunk man falling over. His comedy is painfully unintentional, but the only member that makes me constantly Laugh out Loud. Anyone seen his twitter?
Best Mediator: Pedestrian and Burning Down always seem like they want to keep things calm. But I suppose that's in their job description as moderators.
Biggest Troll: Hip Hop Bunny Hop. He loves to provoke a reaction out of the forum with his almost Nazi-like posting style.
I can just imagine him sitting behind his computer with a massive grin on his face when people bite at the bait he keeps dangling.
Most Improved Member: Slow Groove. Took him a while to fit in I think, but the kid's come into his own in the last few months and has a good taste in music.
Most Underrated Poster: Duga. The guy has a good taste in music, I find his posts interesting and I've always got on well with him, yet he never gets taking into consideration when people talk about those who contribute positively.
Most Obscure Music Taste: Bob. I'm starting to think he's making up most the artists in his 10 song shuffle posts. I'm usually quite happy if I've heard of one of the bands he has.
Best Music Taste: Goofle. Cool guy, really into hip-hop and probably has the taste most like my own so he gets the nod.
Props to Alfred as well for being one of the few people into emo/hardcore.
Biggest Music Nerd: I'm assuming since he took the time to find all his obscure bands that Bob's a bit of a nerd.
Jackhammer seems a bit nerdy too. I get the impression he was around at the beginning of electronic music.
Best Thread Starter: Pedestrian usually has some pretty good thread ideas. Pity most of them fall flat due to a lack of forum participation.
Most Missed Poster: Salami. I like this kid, always fun and always good for chat about anything. The forum was better with him, in my opinion despite the fact he drew X-pac heat most of the time.
Thread of the Year: Is it going to be anything other than WWWP's drawing of members thread?
Journal of the Year: Trollheart's thread is incredibly detailed and props to him for the amount of effort that goes into it, even though he rambles too much
Janzoon's 25 albums thread takes it though. More members need to create journals.
Moderator of the Year: Yac
Best New Member 2012: Nobody has set the world ablaze in my opinion, I don't know is Plankton new?
Member of the Year 2012: This is hard. One member who has stood head and shoulders above everyone else. Argh... I can't do this one. Sorry.
Biggest Lounge Lizard: Hermoine. She's never in the music forums.
Member you'd most like to meet in real life: ThePhantasio. She's into her wrestling. That's good enough for me. Goofle's a cool guy too, we could probably have a good night out or two. Franco as well, just because I want to take him to Private Eyes and watch him get kicked out.
Member you'd most want to avoid meeting in real life: Hip-Hop Bunny Hop. I don't imagine he has many friends. A really below par human being.
Biggest Wanna-Be Moderator: Trollheart!!! Always quick to remind everyone of the rules.
Most amusing Shoutboxer
Forward to Death must live in the shoutbox. She's always there and always has something to talk about. Even if most of the time it's about how much she d/ckrides Tool.

Last edited by 14232949; 11-29-2012 at 09:18 AM.