Music Banter - View Single Post - most disappointing gig
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 01:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
Kelli
custom user title

I've never been to any I've considered 'awful.' Actually I'd consider myself pretty lucky for having been to some really awesome concerts. The only one I didn't like was when my sister got me to see Snow Patrol with her (while I have never liked them, for mainstream pop music I suppose they are decent). Their latest album had only been released for a few months so I bought it and listened to it hoping I could try to enjoy the gig somewhat if I could recognize some of the songs. They didn't play anything off the new album and I only ended up knowing one or two of the songs the whole time, which was a bit disappointing. Also the strobe lights were killing my eyes - the lighting for the show was really awful & I had a major headache for hours afterward. The singer was alright but nothing that great, his conversation with the audience was kind of annoying & I felt like he was trying too hard. Needless to say I didn't have a terrible time but compared to other pop/soft rock bands I've seen I wasn't very impressed with Snow Patrol. I tried to enjoy it though, and my sister had a good time. She's the one who wanted to see them, so I guess that's what was important.... xD
Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote