Music Banter - View Single Post - One Hit Wonders - List your favorite one hit wonder songs and artist(s)
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 11:46 AM   #33 (permalink)
Screen13
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelli View Post
Yeah Bang a Gong (Get it On) is great, really the only TRex/Marc Bolan people know in the US though and definitely fits that category someone posted about before. & glad you mentioned the 13th Floor Elevators - I hadn't thought about them. I have a greatest hits album of theirs ('The Psychedelic Sound Of...' or something) but since I wasn't around when people listened to them I honestly never distinguished between which ones were the hits and which ones weren't.I remember a few of the other ones too like Fire Eingine and Reverberation but I have no idea if those were even popular :o

Out of all of the Elevators' singles, "You're Gonna Miss Me" was the hit, but "Reverberation (Doubt)" Bubbled Under a little later on. The Easter Everywhere singles, "She Lives" and an edited version of "Slip Inside This House" had small followings of their own, especially in Texas while the second album had some impact in Texas, Detroit, and 'Frisco. Around my area of SE Michigan, they had a small following thanks to "You're Gonna Miss Me" being a big Top 10 hit on WKNR, which introduced the Metro area to a lot of great bands that had a tough time in many other areas as well as a lot of the area's Garage Punk bands long before CKLW turned into the hit station.
Screen13 is offline   Reply With Quote