Music Banter - View Single Post - What Happened to Howard Part II
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 12:28 PM   #58 (permalink)
blastingas10
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
Sad as it is, thanks for bringing us this news, stp.

Il Duce was such a genial guy; ready to chat to anybody -including me when I was a newbie, hanging on every response. But Il Duce understood how to put the banter into MB and that`s why he was respected in so many of the different music forums. His famously short, good-natured posts were sufficient to keep various conversations going, and because he posted so often, I think we all learned a lot about him.

For someone who didn`t come from an English-speaking culture, he had an extraordinarily broad knowledge of western music, but I admired him more for his honesty and humour - even when he was telling us about his internet addiction or other problems. These included Attention Deficiency Syndrome, I believe, which may explain all those three-line posts. And of course, there was this topic too :-

I feel very sorry that such a friendly, genuine music enthusiast has gone at such a young age. There`s some famous quote about how every death diminishes us, and that`s how I feel today: diminished because there won`t be any more Howard in MB.

goodbye, my friend !
Is that really a picture of him?

I've been very fortunate in my life to not have suffered many losses, so far. All of my elders are still going strong. My grandfather died before I was born, so I never even knew him. I recently lost a friend, but death is still a pretty new and strange thing to me. It's just hard to imagine that he won't be here to come in and insert some humor to lighten up this thread. So strange.

Who will I talk about bob Dylan with? I guess it's just me and you, chives.
blastingas10 is offline   Reply With Quote