Music Banter - View Single Post - One Hit Wonders - List your favorite one hit wonder songs and artist(s)
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 01:35 PM   #45 (permalink)
Kelli
custom user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screen13 View Post
Out of all of the Elevators' singles, "You're Gonna Miss Me" was the hit, but "Reverberation (Doubt)" Bubbled Under a little later on. The Easter Everywhere singles, "She Lives" and an edited version of "Slip Inside This House" had small followings of their own, especially in Texas while the second album had some impact in Texas, Detroit, and 'Frisco. Around my area of SE Michigan, they had a small following thanks to "You're Gonna Miss Me" being a big Top 10 hit on WKNR, which introduced the Metro area to a lot of great bands that had a tough time in many other areas as well as a lot of the area's Garage Punk bands long before CKLW turned into the hit station.
Ok, gotcha. & I used to spend summers in Ann Arbor with my cousins but I don't remember that radio station but I'm guessing it changed way long before then. There was a station like that where I grew up though, it was basically 90s rock and alternative and played a lot of great obscure stuff that didn't get much airplay elsewhere. But by the time I graduated from high school they weren't getting as many listeners and became an 80s "rewind" pop station... That didn't last long and now they play country. But I get what you're saying - great radio stations can leave an impact on the area.

Back to one hit wonders....this song was da bomb a few years ago.

M.I.A PAPER PLANES - YouTube

edit; well upon doing a quick google search supposedly MIA had other songs that charted in countries other than the US. ahah whatever. Guess I didn't get my music facts right this time xP

Last edited by Kelli; 11-27-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote