Music Banter - View Single Post - What Happened to Howard Part II
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 07:23 PM   #78 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

I can't believe I'll never see that superhero duck avatar again!
Look, I didn't know him at all really, just kept up with his postings in various threads and once or twice (literally) he popped in to throw some smart comment in my journal, but he always seemed a very genuine guy who would stick to his guns no matter what, and let no-one change his mind. That might sound like a bad thing, and in some ways maybe it was, but I still respect the guy. I say that in the present tense, because he'll remain alive in our memories. Corny perhaps, but no less true.

I can remember the last post I recall reading from him was something about having lots of disposable income after his marriage failed and thinking about getting a computer or something. How surreal that now he will never do that, and no doubt that income will be going, at least in part, to fund his funeral. Really makes you think.

Damn, I'm gonna miss that guy!
RIP Howard/Il Duce/Patrick: you were one of a kind, a maverick and a trailblazer, and if there's internet in the afterlife I'm sure you're doing your best to troll it and bug the hell out of everyone.

Go well, diamond heart.