Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Underrated MC?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 03:11 PM   #40 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankycaaant View Post
Depends what he wants to do. He's not regarded as much by too many Top 40 fans, but would you want him to go pop?

A good example would be Eminem, I've never liked the guy, but look what happened to him when he fell off in hip-hop circles and decided to pander to pop fans.

Andre has the potential to be a successful cross-over star, but I'd rather see him remain straight up Hip-hop like Big Boi did.

Although I do get the impression the fame and popularity of being a Billboard star would appeal to Andre.
I'm not sure if I want him to go pop. Given the choice I'd prefer a straight up Hip-Hop album ala Southernplaya or ATLiens but I really like The Love Below and that might as well be a pop album tbh. Andre (and Outkast) is different and the little bits here and there he's done, are one of the few examples of good pop music, in my opinion. If he did go pop, I think he'd still continue to innovate and wouldn't lose his creativity, it wouldn't be cliche'd, dripping wet moistness that Eminem has done. Outkast have been flirting with pop for years anyway.

That's just my gut feeling though.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote