Music Banter - View Single Post - Deftones : Koi No Yokan
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 05:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
I don't know guys, "Romantic Dreams" and "Poltergeist" are pretty epic to me. I like the rest and feel it's as strong if not stronger than Diamond Eyes. It seems more like a step forward at least in those two tracks. Some of the tracks seem pretty standard for Deftones but it's all good material. I think it's a solid 4/5.
Holy **** I haven't seen you in 46 years!!
Or do I just not come here often?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 View Post
I voted 3/5 but 3 seems a bit too low, and 4 seems a bit too high. I'd rate it 3.5 to be honest, it's great but nothing spectacular.

I still haven't given Diamond Eyes a listen so this is the first Deftones album I've listened to since Saturday Night Wrist. SNW had it's good moments but felt inconsistent, Koi No Yokan feels more consistent overall and seems like a progression from SNW. I'm not going to go comparing it to White Pony as that would be pointless.
Diamond Eyes didn't take long for me to consider it a solid part of their discography. There are some songs I don't particularly care for, but on the whole, it kind of slides right in. No luck so far with KNY. You should definitely give Diamond Eyes some ear.