Music Banter - View Single Post - God is in your mind?
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 06:30 PM   #647 (permalink)
seekn4
Music Addict

There is evidence, if your beliefs suit you, your evidence is feeling good.

I am new to forums, so forgive this stupid question....what is trolling?

Nevermind, I googled it

Faith is believing in something before you see the evidence.
If you will look at interviews and documentaries of people that are living the life of their dreams, let's say rockstars, for instance kid rock, even before he got famous he told everyone he knew he was going to make it big, he had an unwavering confidence or faith that that was going to happen, he FELT it to his core and look what happened. And do you think he would have felt it if he let his mind keep going negative about it? He had faith. And if you study people that have the life that we all desire you will see a pattern emerging and that pattern is an unwavering belief that something was going to happen before they saw any evidence of it. Faith: and it has power.
Like it says in the journey song, "dont stop believing, hold onto that feeling". If you practice a thought long enough you will start to feel it and if you hold onto the feeling, it will eventually happen.
Has anyone ever had a gut feeling something was going to happen and then it did, that is faith and I'm not talking about thoughts, I'm talking about feelings. I think most people don't realize that we all have faith to some degree.
Pay attention to the lyrics of music a little closer and you will hear the same message I bring. And I will save the skeptics some time, yes there are some songs that are not about this, but as a whole you will see a pattern emerging in the lyrics. Like chaos theory, it seems like everything is just randomly happening in this world, but if you pay close attention you will see a pattern emerging, I'm sure tore knows something about chaos theory and could shed some more light on the subject.
Even tore has faith whether he cares to admit it, at one point in his life he said to himself "I am going to be a scientist" even before he had evidence of it and held onto that belief (which is just a thought you keep thinking)and eventually it came about, is that not faith? The evidence is all around if you look for it, but how can you find something you are not looking for. Now just a little experiment, everyone right now stop look around the room you are in and make a mental note of everything you see that is red.

Now close your eyes and tell me everything you saw that is blue, your mind will only allow you to notice what you are looking for. Try that experiment on someone else, preferably in a room that is not in their house where they know by heart what is in it, and maybe you will start to understand how the mind works. If you seek you will find.

Last edited by seekn4; 11-29-2012 at 07:46 PM.
seekn4 is offline   Reply With Quote