Music Banter - View Single Post - Conspiracy in Music - stolen songs, love triangles, murder, scandals
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 06:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
slappyjenkins
Music Addict

Kelli, Yeah at :50 its apparent and at about the 2:00 mark its like a miracle, it turns into viva la vida. Good one!

There's probably TEN of these COLDPLAY scandals though, they were notorious for stealing music. Not hating on coldplay, I actually enjoy them, these are just facts.

---
Sammie Lee Smith filed a lawsuit against the UK indie band yesterday (January 13, 2010) in Los Angeles County Superior Court, alleging that they stole his songs "Yellow", "Clocks" and "Trouble".
----
The new Coldplay song is making the rounds, called "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall". Everyone's entitled to their own bad taste/guilty pleasures, so we won't judge if you dance along - but we've got a few things you might want to hear about the saviors of douche-rock while you're at it.

Coldplay are frequent targets of copyright claims, with song-theft accusations brought against them from Joe Satriani, Cat Stevens, Creaky Boards, and then once again with unknown songwriter Sammie Lee Smith.
----
The simplistic nature of the main chord design in "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall" suggests that they aren't exactly difficult to stumble upon, but does that excuse the derivative wimp-rock? Not necessarily, when the riff is pulled directly from a decade-old track by Mystic, entitled "Ritmo de la Noche".

As it turns out, both songs take cues from Peter Allen's comparatively awesome "I Go To Rio".
---

And these are only a couple of the accusations that I've heard. As this thread goes along I'll dig around for some more Coldplay scandals, I'll post their song along with the song it was stolen from, but this surely fits on this thread. They are talented...talented plagarists!
--
slappyjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote