Music Banter - View Single Post - Conspiracy in Music - stolen songs, love triangles, murder, scandals
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 09:36 PM   #17 (permalink)
slappyjenkins
Music Addict

Hey I agree with you guys totally! And I knew that 'put-together' bands have been common place FOREVER...ALL the boy bands(backstreet boys, N'sync, One Direction), hype men(flava flav, etc), the pardridge family, the monkees. And it's my understanding that Steven Adler was put in GNR simply because he was a 'pretty boy' and the band couldn't stomach the way he played drums.

And yeah by today's standards controversies are on a whole other level. We have 'leaked' sex tapes....yeah leaked 'wink wink' self promotion...we have murders(2-pac and Biggie), we have overdoses and suicides, our controversies today make the early 90s look incredibly tame. (Not that these things didn't exist back then, but they seem to be rampant nowadays.) It take a lot to turn our heads.

The most recent lip sync foul up that I could even mention is with Ashley Simpson on SNL and she danced that jig onstage because of the foul up. They TRIED to make that into a controversy and we were all like 'Meh, been there done that, we don't care about Ashley Simpson or her lip syncing, let her do it, in fact we demand she lip sync.'

OMG auto-tuning.....kill me now, kill me, I'm here do it, kill me.....run get to the choppa!

EDIT: I guess I was never arguing about if it should have been a controversy, only the fact that these things DID become controversies. I mean that Milli Vanilli thing was HUGE. It dominated the news at the time! They followed that thing all the way to the bitter end! Milli Vanilli was all over the place and then this happened and the bottom just fell out for them. They were over. They were destroyed forever. That's got to be huge right? The Vanilla Ice thing was blown out of proportion too. I guess I am just posting things that for whatever reason DID BECOME controversial.
slappyjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote