Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 12:42 AM   #21501 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhanastasio View Post
I have a similar problem. I feel that working 40 hours a week means that no matter what I do, how much booze I end up buying, gas to drive an hour to and from work, and all of my other miscellaneous expenses still leave me with several hundred dollars at the end of each pay period.

That is money I'm putting into savings, though. Going to train with Lance Storm and what not, as soon as I can.
For def. I should start a savings account, but I've been having varying amounts of money in a checking account for years and years, but for some weird reason, I don't want to make a savings account because I'm afraid I won't have enough in my checking, which is what I use to pay bills. I know common arithmetic can solve this problem, but I dunno. There's just something about checking your account balance and seeing a comforting number.

As far as regular expenditures, I ain't scared to say that my roommate is my own sister. (best kind of roommate is the one you're related to), so I only pay half the bills at this point. Well, since I got my job, I gave my sis a discount. Anyway, my total consistent bills only come out to like 450 a month not including food and gas, and I'm pulling in close to 4 grand a month, and the most ridiculous part of it is I long ago bought all the **** I ever wanted to buy, so I simply browse Newegg and Amazon with a sadface, sorta pissed that now that I have the money to buy ****, there isn't anything I actually need. (want)

It's like, dude, I spent all this time and effort getting to the point where I could afford anything I may need, and by the time I can, I don't need ****. Funny game. Good thing, though, as it will help save money for my house!

Do you have a regular bank savings account with interest, or do you have any suggestions for something else with good interest accrual?