Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 12:50 AM   #21502 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
For def. I should start a savings account, but I've been having varying amounts of money in a checking account for years and years, but for some weird reason, I don't want to make a savings account because I'm afraid I won't have enough in my checking, which is what I use to pay bills. I know common arithmetic can solve this problem, but I dunno. There's just something about checking your account balance and seeing a comforting number.

As far as regular expenditures, I ain't scared to say that my roommate is my own sister. (best kind of roommate is the one you're related to), so I only pay half the bills at this point. Well, since I got my job, I gave my sis a discount. Anyway, my total consistent bills only come out to like 450 a month not including food and gas, and I'm pulling in close to 4 grand a month, and the most ridiculous part of it is I long ago bought all the **** I ever wanted to buy, so I simply browse Newegg and Amazon with a sadface, sorta pissed that now that I have the money to buy ****, there isn't anything I actually need. (want)

It's like, dude, I spent all this time and effort getting to the point where I could afford anything I may need, and by the time I can, I don't need ****. Funny game. Good thing, though, as it will help save money for my house!

Do you have a regular bank savings account with interest, or do you have any suggestions for something else with good interest accrual?
Same here, with the inability to find anything I actually need. I spent a ridiculous amount of money on wrestling gear, and still have money left over. I'm probably going to end up splurging on custom gear or something.

And I bank locally; my bank is Kentucky Farmer's Bank, .3% interest rate, and it's credited quarterly. Not the best, but I've had national banks previously and they've been kind of sketch. This one is small enough where I don't have to worry about any of the weird issues I've had with bigger banks...i.e. "Overdraft protection" that's supposed to notify me via text, balances which aren't updating when I check my balance, and what-have-you. I'm very happy with my bank right now.

I just recommend steering clear of City National (if there's on around you) BB&T, and National City.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote