Music Banter - View Single Post - SlappyJenkins (plus Tuna and Fred lovefest)
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 02:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
slappyjenkins
Music Addict

Default SlappyJenkins (plus Tuna and Fred lovefest)

First thing everyone wants to know is where does the name come from...

I was once heavily into WOW and I wanted a character that was 'related' to Leroy Jenkins so I imagined his deranged uncle Slappy Jenkins. The name no longer has any meaning to WOW, its just it's genesis.

I am a big fan of many different styles of music; classic rock from the 60s and 70s, 80s glam and pop and one hit wonders, 90s grunge and alternative and one hit wonders. A lot of good music is being produced today so the 2000s and 2010s are pretty good. *Classic rock is always great. (Edit: why did I put classic rock twice? Altzhemier's here I come!) Heavy Metal has some gems.

It's easier to say what music I am NOT a fan of; indie rap...I'm sorry this is formula rap and they all use the same beat and talk about drugs or women, it's almost not music to me. Recently bought an ipod with 750 songs of this crap and I could not listen to any of it. Old school country, that old man drawl or old woman drawl singing about going to town or making it in the big city or mama had five kids or dang my tractor is broke is not pleasant to me. Modern country(or pop country) as I like to think of it is actually very good. I like Blake Shelton and some of Garth Brooks.

I am a wanna-be writer and wanna-be game designer. Also I think a part of me wants to write songs, but I just don't have the talent for it. I do dabble with my little guitar and keyboard here at home but anything I try to compose sounds like something a 5-year old would do.

And oh 'The Walking Dead' on AMC has me riveted like no show since V when I was a kid. YES I'M OLD, GET OFF MY BACK.

I already have an intellectual crush on a couple of the members here, you know who you are!

No, Screen13 not you! Get away from me! Stop holding my hand!

Seriously you guys are great! I love posting here.

Last edited by slappyjenkins; 12-01-2012 at 08:41 PM.
slappyjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote