Music Banter - View Single Post - The Best Game Of All Time
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 09:08 PM   #92 (permalink)
midnight rain
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythsofmetal View Post
For RPG's I'd go with TES: Skyrim.

For RTS I'd go with Rome: Total War, maybe Total War: Rome II once it comes out, though C&C is high up there.

For FPS Halo 4.

For racing I'd probably go with Burnout Revenge.

For action-adventure either Assassins Creed 2, or AC: Brotherhood.

For 3PS I'd go with Gears of War 2 or 3.

Platformer would be Super Mario World.

For survival horror, probably one of the Dead Rising games. Maybe one of the Dead Space games.

I can't pick for music games, it'd probably be something like a mix of Rock Band 2, for the on disc setlist, multiplayer, world tour, with Guitar Hero 3's hitbox sizes, with Rock Band 3's DLC, pro modes/instruments, with Rocksmith's pro/real guitar chart layout, and ability to use any guitar with 1/4 inch output.

Overall I'd have to go with Halo 4.
You have to be kidding me. Halo 4 is a rehash of Reach, which was a rehash of 3, which was a rehash of 2, which was a rehash of CE, the only fresh innovative game in the series

Actually, I take that back, 2 deserves credit for basically making Xbox Live what it is. Every other game in the series has been bombastic, Michael Bay type firefights over and over again ad nauseam. That's my main gripe with the FPS genre as a whole. If it doesn't introduce some sort of open world or RPG elements (a la Borderlands or Fallout), it is simply another generic corridor shooter. Those got old long ago, unless they manage to excel in another category, like Bioshock did with it's story.
midnight rain is offline   Reply With Quote