Music Banter - View Single Post - I take more comfort in atheism
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 05:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
midnight rain
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip hop bunny hop View Post
I feel anyone who takes pride in having the correct beliefs is acting like the most annoying sort of Protestant. It's action that matter, yet unfortunately most (atheists) act as though by ditching Jesus they can out-Jesus Christians in shouting, yelling, & boasting how elite they are for holding such egalitarian (meaning secular humanist) beliefs.

It's annoying & I want no part of it.
So by posting my beliefs and why I believe them, I'm attempting to "out-Jesus" Christians? I explained why I disagree with Christianity on a personal moral level, how is that boasting my elitism? Seems to me you read into it the way you wanted to.

I don't understand the defensiveness, I didn't attack Christians and try to convert them, I didn't try to use science to prove Christianity irrational. You guys are too focused on pussy-footing around the subject, I explained why I don't take comfort in a widely accepted afterlife and that's it. Maybe next time leave your preconceived notions at the door cause I don't think you know what the **** you're talking about.

Last edited by midnight rain; 12-02-2012 at 06:06 PM.
midnight rain is offline   Reply With Quote