Music Banter - View Single Post - I take more comfort in atheism
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 12:02 AM   #20 (permalink)
FrankBeardjr
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
I agree. My thinking has really changed over the years. I was never really religious, but in the last few years, I've grown unafraid to call myself an atheist instead of agnostic. A big part of it was fearing that there could be a god, and I would obviously rather end up in heaven than hell. That's not an issue anymore, and am quite comfortable with the idea of this being it.
I do not believe much of anything I read on the internet, so no offense will be taken if you find this to be a bunch of B.S.

In Sandy Valley Nevada my father was in a bar fight over a women, (who was trying to have him killed) and he was stabbed so many times in the back that now when he takes his shirt off it looks like a road map, if I remember right I think it was like 16 or so, he died on the life flight, on its way to umc medical center, they managed to bring him back after being dead for a little over a minute, he also died for a much longer time in ICU, I do not know off of the top of my head how long it was, but I think it was just under or over 3 minutes... I will double check and edit this post, its just a little late to confirm over the phone, any ways, my Dad does not believe in God, he is very litteral, very straight forward and the type of guy that if he speaks you listen and you just know he is not lying. He has no storys that are hard to believe, no storys of ghosts or any wierd stuff like that, just that when he died both times he watched him self being worked on both in the helicopter and in the e.r a story I am sure you have heard before, he told me that he had the choice to leave, and the second time he almost did chose to, he said that the only thing that made him stay was revenge. but he told me he was not afraid at all. And he lives every day like he just isnt scared of death, he is 63 and just recently rode a crotch rocket from mid state nevada to arizona and back, by him self straight through. He does not believe in God. but he said with out a doubt when you die, your not done.
FrankBeardjr is offline   Reply With Quote