Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Song from a Commercial
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 08:41 AM   #13 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsy View Post
I found Phoenix from the Cadillac commercial. "1901"
I had quite the love affair with Phoenix.
I hadn't seen that Cadillac commericial before, but I was just listening to Phoenix's "1901" after it popped up MySpace radio and thinking what a catchy song that is! I love the bass. I don't want a Cadillac though, so the commercial failed. But it does make me want to hear more songs by Phoenix.

Phoenix- 1901 - YouTube

Speaking of car commercials introducing someone to music...

Many years ago I remember being enthralled by a commercial that showed some fancy luxury car weaving in and out among giant, swinging spheres dangling from cables. I couldn't have cared less about the car (maybe I would have paid more attention if it had been a Mustang). But the background MUSIC...ahh! I loved that music. It made a great impression on me...

Prokofiev - "Dance of the Knights"
(Imagine giant, ominously swinging spheres as you listen)

Prokofiev - Dance of the Knights - YouTube

Then of course there is Trio's "Da Da Da" from the VW commericials. Those wacky Germans! I've always liked this song:

VW Golf Da Da Da commercial - YouTube
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote