Music Banter - View Single Post - God is in your mind?
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 10:01 AM   #691 (permalink)
seekn4
Music Addict

Slappy, you are on the right track however you have Jesus a little misunderstood just like most, what he meant by Israel is Gods chosen which is any one with a humble heart and contrite spirit, those are the only people that can learn something new. God wants to teach us how to love and forgive. Jesus also said "I have other sheep that are not of this fold" meaning his love us not just limited to one group of people. If you study the epistles of Paul you will see he was given the knowledge of what Christ actually meant. What you want to do is not far off from what Jesus was actually saying. It wasn't about congregating though and starting a "religion" Jesus was hinting to everyone to come out of organized religion, what Jesus was saying is to love and that the spirit of god is love, and within every person, God promised happiness and peace right? So each person needs do forgive and love everyone, then find what you love to do, find what makes you happy and do that, and that is different for everyone, everyone has different dreams and desires. Religion is living by a set of rules, and I believe if God was love and his spirit was in each individual, each individual has to follow their own guidance which will take them different places in this life but rooted in love. In Paul's epistles he was explaining that it has nothing to do with genealogy or if you are a Jew or not, it is for everyone and anyone who chooses to follow the feeling of love inside them. So no need to start a new religion, the religion is Love if you want to call that a religion. In other words do what I have been trying to get across here in my posts, with the exceptions of where I have been trying to open tores mind to New possibilities, go back and read my posts and you will see you and me think pretty much the same. And what I'd believe can be found in the bible too, or the Koran, or the Tao, or the Vedic texts, or any cultures holy books for that matter, they are all saying the same thing but have been grossly misinterpreted, if you have a belief that doesn't make you feel love and peace get rid of it and pay attention to how you feel in your heart, "religious" people ignore their inner guidance which is how you feel for words written in a book and that supposedly come from God, if it doesn't make you feel love, or isnt moving you towards love, it is not of God. Stay on your path bro and you will figure it out, seek inner peace. But if you study Paul's epistles you will come out with a whole different view of Jesus's message, the message we all know is right, but don't forget Paul was a smartass, and I believe that is why he has been so misinterpreted, in the same way I misinterpreted janszoon previously, I got a different meaning to what he meant cause I wasn't aware he was being a smartass. God created a bunch of individuals not robots.
In one of Paul's epistles there is a scripture that says something to the effect the " he is not a Jew who has had a circumcision of the flesh, he is a Jew who has made a circumcision of the heart" which includes everyone who has made the decision to love, I doesn't matter who you are, where you are from. It is done on the inside. If you think about we were perfect as children, when we were kids we had no hate for other people, people were just people, we were taught to hate and judge, could that be why Jesus said that you must become as a little child? Jesus said the kingdom of heaven is inside you and all around you, not once in the scriptures does it say heaven is after you die, and yet that is a worldly belief. The death the bible speaks of is the ego death, killing the judgement within, in doing so you become a new person. Like it says " the lion will lay with the lamb" what that is saying is that 2 creatures (people) who were once natural enemies will live in peace, which means forgiveness has come in. So as you can see slappy, the religion you want to create is true Christianity, and that is the spirit of God within you, and I believe that same spirit is in all people if they look for it, and let go of their egotistical beliefs.

Last edited by seekn4; 12-03-2012 at 12:26 PM.
seekn4 is offline   Reply With Quote