Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 10:21 AM   #1615 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

This week's planned reviews
Ooh, we're into the last month! I'm so excited about Christmas! Not. When you get to my age there's little left to get excited about, other than that you wake up not dead every morning. But as we move into December and there are now only four weeks left to go in 2012, we're pushing ahead with our reviews of albums released this year, hoping to get through the lion's share of them.

Here's what we have for you this week, all going well... By the way, from now on I'm going to give a little information about each, just so you know what I'm rabbiting on about (sorry Big Ears, I know you have that phrase trademarked: my people will talk to your people)...

The calling by Neal Schon
Solo album from the Journey guitarist and driving force behind the AOR giants. Neal was also briefly in Santana before forming Journey.

Ouroboros by Status Minor
A totally unknown band, so far as I'm aware, outside of their native Finland, Status Minor have only been together since 2006 and released their debut in 2009, but have the talent to be one of the big progressive rock bands of this century. This is their second album.

Heresy and creed by Ten
A favourite band of mine, Ten released their first album in six years last year. Now, a year later, they have another. This one is far superior to "Stormwarning", which I reviewed a while back.

On the air tonight by Colin Blunstone
Most people will know Colin, if at all, as the voice behind such Alan Parsons Projects hits as "Old and wise" and the Zombies' mega-smash "She's not there". This is the first of his solo albums I've reviewed, though it's his twelfth overall.

As mentioned in the Journals Update thread last night, I missed the deadline to include

Wolfsbane save the world by Wolfsbane in last week's reviews, but it's going up tonight.