Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Top 10 Albums of 2012
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 12:08 PM   #124 (permalink)
Key

Seems this year is coming to an end, so I suppose I should make a list.

In no particular order...

1. pg.lost - Key: Still blows me away when I listen to it. One of the best post-rock albums I have heard,.
2. Anathema - Weather Systems: Granted, the whole album isn't great, but the first two tracks are beautiful and very nicely done.
3. Bob Dylan - Tempest: Just gave this a listen the other day, and I can see why a lot of people would bash it, his voice is nowhere near listenable, though when has it ever been? The songwriting is what got me interested, he's a man who knows how to use his words.
4. Asia - XXX: Another album that seems to have gotten a lot of mixed reviews, but I personally found a lot of enjoyment out of it. It starts off strong with Tomorrow The World, and continues to be a good listen.
5. Rush - Clockwork Angels: Amazing album from front to back. Geddy Lee sounds as good as he ever has in this album. His age surely doesn't show too much in his vocals, even if critics would say that his voice has changed a lot, which it has, but he's using it well.
6. Lamb of God - Resolutions: Finally got around to listening to this a few days ago as well. Definitely a good match against Sacrament. Not sure which one I would say I like more, but Resolutions is definitely a great release.
7. The Sword - Apocryphon: I was pleasantly surprised to hear that this album goes back to their older sound. Not saying Warp Riders was bad in any way, in fact, I still have it as one of my favorite releases of that year, but this album really brought me back to why I fell in love with the band to begin with. Gods of The Earth is my favorite album of theirs, and this one takes the number two spot in relation to that.

That's all I can think of right now.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote