Music Banter - View Single Post - God is in your mind?
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 12:43 PM   #694 (permalink)
slappyjenkins
Music Addict

Quote:
Slappy, you are on the right track however you have Jesus a little misunderstood just like most, what he meant by Israel is Gods chosen which is any one with a humble heart and contrite spirit, those are the only people that can learn something new. God wants to teach us how to love and forgive. Jesus also said "I have other sheep that are not of this fold" meaning his love us not just limited to one group of people. If you study the epistles of Paul you will see he was given the knowledge of what Christ actually meant.
Paul never knew Jesus, and the things Paul had to say about Jesus were simply his own interpretations. Why you would ever use Paul to try to understand Jesus is beyond me. That is probably the worse example you could have used.

And..NO...what God and Jesus meant by ISRAEL is always been what its been from the first time its ever been mentioned...Israel is the great nation born of the lineage of Abraham....you do know this right? Israel is in no way 'whoever is humble and has a contrite spirit'. It involves the lineage of Abraham, the land of Caanan, and the promise that God made to Abraham to make a great nation of his 'line'.

Jesus went to and sent disciples to Israel to try to bring back his 'lost sheep' and when ISRAEL rejected Jesus, that is only when Jesus went out to the 'gentiles'.

Also that word Gentiles, is not a Hebrew word, it never existed in the Hebrew language, and was translated into the bible erroneously. That is a roman word that means not a roman citizen. The original word in the hebrew language is GOY, meaning nations.

Here is an interesting link to it
Who Are The Gentiles?

And what I based my assumption on was the following scriptures...

Matthew 10:5-6 These twelve (disciples) Jesus sent out with the following instructions: "Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel."

And also the test of faith...
Matthew 15:22-34
22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”
23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”
24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”
25 The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.
26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”
27 “Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”
28 Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.
-----

Now it is true that here it is said...
Romans 3:29
Is he the God of the Jews only? Is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also.

But that word doesn't mean non-jews or non-israelites...the hebrew word used there was GOY/GOYIM, which means nations. He is the God of the other nations besides Israel also. But you must understand at the time they didn't know 70 percent of the earth was here....so there's no way that can apply to us. They didn't know north america was here or that the United States would ever be here.

So he was the God of the Israelites and of the other nations that they knew existed at the time...

Christianity is a REGION based religion made for only one set of people, and it was either forced on us through missionaries or we adopted it because we heard the call of Jesus.

But here also is what some bible historians had to say about Paul....

Paul had no contact with the Jesus of history. He never met him and never heard him preach. Moreover, Paul stresses he had minimal contact with Jesus’ successors – the Jesus Movement in Jerusalem. From Paul’s letters we know he was shadowed throughout his missionary journeys by emissaries from Jerusalem who were convinced that Paul was spreading a deviant message. In addition, Paul rarely quotes or refers to Jesus’ teachings when formulating or defending his own point of view.

It is concluded that there is only a slim connection between the teachings of Paul and those of the Jesus of history. Either the life and teachings and teachings of the historical Jesus were not of interest to Paul or else they were simply not known. His focus is on the Christ figure, the postdeath and post-resurrected Jesus, who communicates directly with him and through him. This reinforces the view that Paul was the founder of a separate religion, one about the Christ, not one centered upon the teachings and mission of Jesus.
slappyjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote