Music Banter - View Single Post - I take more comfort in atheism
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 12:49 PM   #37 (permalink)
Face
Music Addict

I'm pointing out the massive flaws in your standpoint. I'm not going to try to teach you evolution, if you're really interested you'll do that yourself, if not I'll be wasting my time. I'm just highlighting the areas you clearly have no grasp of of the opposing argument. I'm not presenting a thesis.

Your arguments are based off statements that two fully formed members of one species randomly appear in an instant NO-ONE is making this statement, you are justifying yourself by discrediting ideas you THINK constitute of evolution, not what it actually is.

As for evidence there is genetic and fossil evidence. Some of it beyond that is theorising what might have happened (origin of multicelled organisms for example) but I'm just illustrating to you that the argument isn't "suddenly an alligator appears from pond scum".

Quote:
Again here you don't seem to grasp even the slightest notion of what I am saying. Evolution over time would imply a genetic mutation into another species. You would have MISSING LINKS in the fossil record, mutated DNA that eventually supports its own species, or you would have inter-species breeding. Things that do NOT exist and can not be proven.
How about the fact that fossil records SHOW gradual change in populations over time?
There are ancestors of humans which are not ape, nor humans. Would that classify as a missing link? Would you only be satisfied if we had a fossil example from every generation of every species to have ever existed? Unfortunately that isn't going to happen due to how unlikely fossils are to form in the first place.

The trouble is with events that take a long time/ have occured in the past is that you can't observed them occurring in front of you.
I assume for example you support the big bang theory? Or that the roman empire existed? We can see evidence left behind, even if we can't see it occurring in front of us.

Quote:
There are mutiple I want to read 'Greatest show on earth' as someone said evolution had come a long way. The evolution of populations over time would still require PROOF face...you can't just SAY ITS SO and it's the truth because you said so....present your proof my friend and so I can be enlightened. Darwin couldn't do it, and as far as I know no scientists has ever been able to provide proof of evolution. SHOW ME PROOF and not your ramblings please....
By proof do you mean experimental proof? Unfortunately, like I said above, past events/long period events can't be experimentally proven or observed in real time because we only live so long.

But you can't dismiss it yet, because your understanding of the subject is flawed to start with.

Heres an example of populations diverging:
Speciation in real time

Quote:
About 500 cane toads were introduced in australia 60 or so years back. There are now over 200 million. That's a great point...but 500 is still more than 2 right? And 500 turns into 200 million, there can't be ANY INBREEDING going on there....you got it buddy...
Why on earth do you keep going on about 2. No-one is claiming that only 2 popped into existence. You brought it up and then ...disproved it. I agree, 2 is a ridiculous number.

I was just showing you don't need over 7,000 members of a species to ensure population growth.

Quote:
Well then teach me oh great one, what is it all about?
Don't get snappy. You were completely wrong. Read about it. No-one has ever been convinced about something else just from reading forum post they are all to ready to defend themselves against. If you want to learn you'll read about it. Then you can make valid points against evolution, because there are some.

Quote:
Abiogenesis, (if it did occur), would result in self replicating proteins initially, which would eventually result in the first single celled organism. But there is no evidence for this as yet, unlike evolution. So your point is?
My point is no one is claiming crocs spawned randomly out of pond scum.

Quote:
Where are the frogs with mutated hands and feet? Where are the fish with changing lungs? Where are the alligators that look like a cross between an ostrich and a donkey? Here's the big one...where is the genesis fossil of ANY species that you can point to and say LOOK WE CAN SEE RIGHT HERE WHERE THIS SPECIES EVOLVED INTO WHAT IT IS TODAY. This evidence does NOT exist. If you don't have an answer please don't just tell me to READ OVER THE BASICS...you look like an ass when you do that and you look even more ignorant of the basics than I do.[/B]
Lungfish: fish with lungs alive today
Lungfish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bold is you either exaggerating or not understanding. I can't tell.

Quote:
face, I don't mean to sound insulting, but maybe you should read up on the basics?
You've clearly taken my post personally. I'm sorry but you clearly illustrated you don't understand the theory. Understand it then discredit it, don't attack just what you think it might be.

The rest of you original post was well thought out though and was a nice read.

By the way, evolution doesn't necessarily mean there isn't a God. If you want there to be a creator you could theorise that they caused biogenesis(the seed of all life), or even guided evolution if you were so inclined.

Last edited by Face; 12-03-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Face is offline   Reply With Quote