Music Banter - View Single Post - God is in your mind?
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #696 (permalink)
slappyjenkins
Music Addict

seek, I am not irritated, sorry...It was just the first few things you said were kind of wrong about Paul and about Israel...

And the last bit I put in about Paul was a paper written by a DOCTOR and bible professor. Not even my words buddy.....

And hey I love Jesus! I never said a bad word about him. Those are scriptures right out of the bible.

My desire to start a new religion is mainly because the existing organized religions are pushing their own personal agendas. They have their own set of laws and doctrines which you MUST follow with no room for freedom of thought. These religions will right out KICK YOU OUT if you buck the system. They will convince your own family members to turn on you!

Example: To become a Jehova's Witness you go through a ceremony where elders of the Kingdom Hall near you bring you into an assembly room, have you raise your hand in a pledge gesture. Then they ask you very specific questions. Like do you believe in the trinity. Will Adam and Eve have a chance of ressurection? Hold old is the planet earth? Are we living in the end of days? And if you don't answer the prepared answer that goes along with the JWs doctrine you are not even allowed to become a JW. Once you are inside the JW if you choose to leave for any reason they will disassociate you.

Same with SCIENTOLOGY -- even if you are born into scientology and decide to leave you have to pay a 'freeloaders' penalty where they charge you for the food and board for ever how long you have been there. Some of these bills come out to hundreds of thousands of dollars. If you have family members still inside the church they will turn those family members against you.

^^THIS is what I have a problem with. NOT JESUS. I believe a true religion should be for ALL THE WORLD. Should accept you for who you are! If you have tattoos all over you and you are a lesbian or you once robbed a bank, so what! We love you! Come on in and lets talk about God and getting along. I also believe a true religion would never slam the door on someone for wanting to get out of the religion. It should have an open door at all times for people to come and go and be free thinkers. I also believe that a true religion would never in any form ask its members for money or push a social or political agenda of any kind.

When I say TRUE religion I mean a religion that is based on the seeking of the love and knowledge of God. It can not be based on finances or political or social agendas and it can not use fear tactics or mind control of any kind on its members.

Does anyone know of a religion like this?
slappyjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote