Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 03:44 PM   #8859 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
I just listened to the Allah-Las, and I can definitely see what you mean. Now I know what you were getting at...got any more like that? Sadly, Spotify does not have the Young Sinclairs album you posted.
If I'm not mistaken, you can play the entire thing on the Bandcamp album page:
Chimeys | the Young Sinclairs

I can't think of any other bands with an authentic sound off the top of my head, maybe they're the only two that I've discovered lately. Others maybe just simply incorporate the 60s sound into their modern style.

Actually, for a more upbeat Kinks/Beatles type sound, check out The Spongetones. The Beat & Torn comp is a good collection of their best EPs from what I'm told (and is the only thing I've heard). It's ever so slightly reminiscent of The Dukes of Stratosphere as well (XTC's 80s psych-pop parody) because of a slightly more modern production sound compared to actual 60s stuff. A bit power-popish if that makes sense - but some tracks you would definitely think are straight up 60s.