Music Banter - View Single Post - Family Guy vs. South Park
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 05:52 PM   #464 (permalink)
slappyjenkins
Music Addict

I agree about Meg and Chris, I have no idea why they are even in the show. They have not progressed in any way. They've never had a substantial plot devoted to either one of them. Even Meg going to prison was nullified as she was put back in her place at the end of that episode. Chris simply has no comedic value at all. I think they only thing I ever laughed at was when they gave Chris too much redbull and he ran across the yard with his crotch on fire, implying that the redbull made him so hyper that he started a fire with pure speed and friction down there LOL

Peter is one of those characters that I'm kind of in between about. He has his moments of comedic value. But mostly he's just a device to move things along in the plot or to set up the next joke, and yes he's the predominant target of the 'flashbacks'. I love it when he farts or falls down though.

Lois has evolved just a bit, not terribly much. But she used to be the straightest, most dry of ALL of the characters. When she started to laugh at Peter's jokes and participate in their misadventures, she started to contribute to the show at least a little.

But I do agree with 100 percent on the issue of Stewie and Brian. When they take over the show its a good thing. I love Stewie now, because he's actually playing a baby now. I don't know what the hell he was supposed to be at the beggining but he's about perfect now. He has a mix of mad scientist, gay baby, womanizing baby, and vulnerable baby. And all these parts seem to be in the correct proportions finally. Stewie is about the only one I can relate too. I loved it when he learned to drive and wrecked Brian's car and when the bully stole his trike and when he went trick or treating. And yes the time jumping episode was excellent.

If you watch that episode carefully they address a lot of these things we are discussing, from lines to comedic timing to the quality of the animation. *Because they go back in time and see how things used to be.

I want to watch that episode again now!
slappyjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote