Music Banter - View Single Post - What TV shows are people watching?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 09:23 AM   #1672 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post

It's been a long time since I laughed this hard at a tv show. Very very well structured and funny as hell.
I just started watching that on Instant Netflix as well and I've been enjoying it. It's nice to see H. Jon Benjamin voicing main characters rather than support, and Archer definitely has some great moments. I also plowed through the first season of this too:

Don't be fooled by the first episode, this show really finds its own niche in terms of family animated comedies. Bob is no Homer Simpson or Peter Griffin, he's more like Hank Hill, but willing to let his kids be themselves to a far greater extent than Hank. In fact, as far as animated fathers go, Bob is one of the better ones I've seen in years as he's both level-headed, resourceful, and loving. He tries to be a good role model and because of it his kids are incredibly happy despite their awkward tendencies. There's a lot of good dark humor to be found here too, but you have to really pay attention as it can be very subversive and may go over your head if you're not paying attention. The animation leaves a little to be desired, but it does make the show look unique, and it does have this charm to it that you don't see in a lot of shows these days. The first season is on Instant Netflix so if it's been popping up in your recommendations, I'd definitely say give it a go.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote