Music Banter - View Single Post - I take more comfort in atheism
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 09:24 AM   #54 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappyjenkins View Post
First off Batlord I'll talk about anything anyway I please and there's nothing you can do about it.
I was pointing out your double standard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slappyjenkins
you can say gradually over a billion years all you want, it's still not happening!
Quote:
Originally Posted by slappyjenkins
Is this another case of 'eh I'll just say whatever without providing any proof'
You accuse us of just stating things without proof, and you are clearly doing exactly what you accuse us of. If you were consistent, then you would be an agnostic on evolution, but instead you state, categorically, that evolution is untrue. Hence, my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappyjenkins View Post
You and the other guy, can't remember his name now, and I don't want to scroll up either, are the ones getting stuck on Abiogenesis.
No, you are. You insist on using it as an argument against evolution, but whether or not abiogenesis (life coming from inorganic matter) is true does nothing to disprove evolution (the change in the inherited characteristics of biological populations over successive generations).

Of course we can't prove that abiogenesis is true. Even if we manage to replicate what we assume to be the conditions for it, and manage to create whatever self replicating proteins that were the basis for life on Earth (which, as far as I know, we haven't), it still wouldn't "prove" that that's what happened, at least probably not to your standards. But, unlike the Bible, science doesn't claim to have the answers, it's just a tool that we can use to make hypothesis, test them, and then refine our working knowledge of the way the world works.

Quote:
YOU guys are trying to have a conversation about Evolution, I'm trying to have a conversation with Tuna about Atheism and God.
And I'm not. What's your point?

Quote:
No I tought this was simple enough for you to follow...one species can not mate with another, a dog can only mate with another 100 percent dog...or maybe you believe a dog can hump a cat and make Puppy-Kittens?? Is that true? Is that what you believe? The line isn't arbitrary, when you can't mate with it, its no longer in your species.
Reductio ad aburdum.

Dude, if different species can't mate, then why can horses and donkeys (two different species) mate to create a mule? To be the same species they have to be able to produce offspring that can reproduce. Same thing with lions and tigers. They can mate, they just can't produce offspring that can reproduce. So, different species, reproducing, but not producing offspring capable of reproduction. Thoughts?

As a side not, I would also like to point out that, no matter how thoroughly you debunk evolution, you haven't done a damn thing to prove creationism. So, yeah, creationism...still nonsense. Or whatever pseudo-creationist nonsense you seem to believe in.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote