Music Banter - View Single Post - pot facts
Thread: pot facts
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 09:47 AM   #45 (permalink)
Fenixpunk
The Erroneous Hoodlum

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontRunMeOver
I think the idea was that so many people in the UK have used cannabis that it would in a sense be labelling a majority of the population as criminals..
i think thats pretty much anywhere. More people are in jails for marijuana possesion than any other crime. Its an easy way for the law enforcement agencies to make money.

Quote:
2. Cannabis smoke is considerably more carcinogenic (cancer-causing) than tobacco smoke. This is partly because it burns at a higher temperature, although there are doubtless a number of other reasons for this!
Vaporizers solve the carcinogen problem, and how many people do you know that smoke 20-40 joints a day???

Quote:
3. Cannabis use has been closely linked to the development of different psychological problems, especially schizophrenia.
Been watching Reefer Madness a little much ey?

rates of schizophrenia don’t vary with rates of cannabis use,(Wayne Hall and Nadia Solowij, “Adverse Effects of Cannabis,” Lancet, vol. 352, pp. 1611–1616, 1998.) symptoms tend to precede use, and many schizophrenics say weed helps them feel better,(L. Dixon, et al., “Drug Abuse in Schizophrenic Patients: Clinical Correlates and Reasons for Use,” American Journal of Psychiatry, vol. 148, pp. 224–230, 1991.)

Quote:
4. I once got the munchies so badly that I started to shake with munching-desire when I stopped eating and could only stop the shaking by eating again.