Music Banter - View Single Post - Your most hated Christmas songs
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 03:34 PM   #28 (permalink)
slappyjenkins
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarobbarg View Post
I work in a grocery store so I pretty much loathe all Christmas music.

I have a hard spot in my heart for the most awful of all Christmas songs, though.

Listen to it. Think a bout the words. It's about rape. And none of you can tell me differently.

If she's not penetrated or assaulted against her will how can it be rape?...it's just a guy trying to convince a girl to stay so he can enjoy her company on a cold night....and most likely get some tail....until she says NO DON'T PENETRATE or TOUCH me (and he forces himself on her anyway) then its not rape or date rape or anything like that....

Also this song was written in a time where you had to have a girl home by a certain time and if the neighbors saw a young girl leaving a single man's house in the morning it would be the scandal of the town for days(so I doubt they would imply anything more innocent than staying the night)...which is what the main point of the song...its scandalous for them even to just spend the night together but both of them want to. She wants to protect her honor and not have her parents worry but in the end she says she's gonna stay and she never says NO.

EDIT: But I think it's clear that he's talking her into staying the night to get some....warm fire, strong drink, cold weather, and he starts crying and begging...yeah as a man you never cry and beg for a woman to hang around just for her company...

Last edited by slappyjenkins; 12-04-2012 at 03:44 PM.
slappyjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote