Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Influential Rock Artist Ever
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #541 (permalink)
Necromancer
Divination

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
You don't think there's a connection between originality and influence? I'd say there is, historically speaking.
Well of course there is always a connection between the two. One can not separate influence any more than you can disrupt the genealogy of the music genres within different eras. But isn't it more important to apply more emphasis on originality and breaking new boundaries as an artist and musician than being concerned about who influences your musical style? That's exactly why a lot of artist fail, they sound too much like someone else. I just think its unnecessary giving to much credit and emphasis on separate issues.

I personally want to hear something Ive never heard before as a listener. If I hear a Led Zeppelin (whoever) influence by an artist, sometimes I'm more often turned off to the music, more so than tuned in.

Your contributing a new style and influence on the basis of originality. (and it is a very subjective issue) I'm not in anyway suggesting your incorrect, just debating.
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote