Music Banter - View Single Post - Jay-Z vs. Nas
Thread: Jay-Z vs. Nas
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 11:37 PM   #210 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surell View Post
I think it may have been confused though. When people hear that you think an artist is terrible and will not falter on the position, they think you're also attacking his significance, which is the base debate here. Not many of the dudes in this argument like HOVA that much (myself excluded) but they were defending his character in terms of his place in the rap canon, which, they seemed to claim, can't be knocked, as it's objectively recognized (much like, sadly, Eminem's canonization). That's my interpretation of the situation anyway

sorry about that first part btw, it's my consciousness of the letter Z, an advertisement they once aired on a banned episode of Sesame St.
Beating a dead horse do not care

What people were alluding to prior was that you could respect any other artist enough to not warrant calling them terrible, whether they be led zeppelin or whatever, their amount of influence wouldn't have been possible if they were indeed "terrible".

Surrel when Lil Wayne is called terrible you can make objective reasons as to why he's not.

Believe it or not "terrible" artists (maybe i have a wildly different definition of the word then others) don't have expansive careers.

Terrible artists-chingy, panic at the disco, styx, whatever they arent around for long
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote