Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Top 10 Albums of 2012
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 04:43 PM   #159 (permalink)
Zer0

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
Two Suns has stronger singles, but The Haunted Man is way more consistent. As much as I love the album, I get a bit bored by the last couple songs on Two Suns, but it's definitely not like that on The Haunted Man. I still think there are some great individual songs, too...Laura is so simple but damn does she really make me feel it when she sings the chorus. Natasha Khan is officially the sexiest woman in music.
I definitely agree with you that it's more consistent overall, but doesn't quite have the big tunes like 'Daniel' and 'Sleep Alone'. It holds my attention that little bit more and I might even regard it as her best in a few years time.

Oh and that album cover, yum.

Quote:
Ah, finally another Ringo Deathstarr fan. Mauve definitely pales compared to Colourtrip, but that album was one of the best shoegaze releases in years, so it's understandable. Still a solid album, and I really wish these guys would get more recognition.
I love their Sparkler compilation to death, the songs on it sound fun and full of passion, Colour Trip had some good moments as well. But on Mauve they just sound like a band that has used up all their ideas and energy and can no longer get away with sounding too much like their influences. I was wishing they would try something a little different.

Quote:
I've been pushing this album nonstop on here, but I based on your music taste I really think you will like it if you haven't heard it already...Blonds - The Bad Ones. Seriously.
Cool, will give it a listen when I get the chance.