Music Banter - View Single Post - Is pride illogical?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 06:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
midnight rain
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face View Post
Never been about blame and punishment? Let's leave that for another time.
I don't know why I said that cause it's not even close to true lol. It's certainy headed in that direction though.

Quote:
I was thinking more along the lines of normal human interaction. If no-one has true choice over their actions why appreciate anything anyone ever does or feels for you? Do you coldly think "my parent didn't choose to hug me, they have been conditioned to, I will be nice to them in order to maintain the social contract". No, while we may appreciate it on some level no-one actually processes human interaction like that on a personal level apart from sociopaths, and they can only survive on the goodwill and trust of others.
Emotions have proven an effect survival too for many species and humans are no different. Our emotions just happen to be more complex than all other species.

Quote:
You're saying people are input, output machines. I don't necessarily disagree. But given the same input in each machine, you should judge each on the (entire) output/effect it gives. Not because it's the machines "fault" or "choice", but because it's what that machine "is".
Well by same input I assume you're meaning same set of DNA and same exact environment? (Which is obviously physically impossible for a multitude of reasons, but I know you're presenting a hypothetical). In those ideal circumstances, the output would be identical I imagine.
midnight rain is offline   Reply With Quote