Music Banter - View Single Post - The Robert Plant Appreciation Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 08:02 PM   #20 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopsych View Post
The video is "King of Dreams," released very near in time to "Hurting Kind."

I now remember I was distinctly unhappy that Plant didn't make a video for "Your Ma Said You Cried in Your Sleep Last Night" and that "Tie Dye on the Highway" was a live version that's far worse than the good studio track (including harmonica). Totally missed chances to promote the singles to the public (although neither would ever have been a big hit). The album wasn't promoted properly, which might have sped the decline in in Robert Plant's solo career.
Thank you!

I haven't thought very much before about the promotion decisions that can affect someone's career. Plant certainly looks popular here singing "Tie Dye on the Highway," and so it is interesting to learn what may have hastened the fall of his popularity:

Robert Plant - Tie Dye on The Highway - YouTube

I'm also realizing that Robert Plant made quite a few fairly complex videos incorporating grand scenery, which probably reflects the height of his fame at one time.

For example, I thought it was a cool surprise to see that the video for "I Believe" recreates the scene from Millais' painting of Ophelia. I am curious if you had noticed that when watching the video? I know you are very attentive to the videos that accompany songs, and so I thought you might like to know, in case you didn't, that they made this artistic reference:

Robert Plant - I Believe - YouTube

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 12-05-2012 at 08:10 PM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote