Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2004, 09:58 AM   #137 (permalink)
IamAlejo
Muck Fusic

Quote:
Again, speaking as an outsider, the USA has gained a reputation now for outward aggression against other nations, which is only going to fuel the anti-Western feeling that the extremist groups rely on to bolster support.

The excuses for invading Iraq were at best flimsy, at worst downright lies. There is no proven link between Saddam Hussein and the atrocity of 9/11, and as has been mentioend before, the majority of the protagonists of that act were funded by Saudi Arabians. Bin Laden is a Saudi Arabian. Bush's links between Iraq and Al-Qaeda just don't make sense.

It's a real shame that the USA comes off so badly in this war, because I've been to the US numerous times, and I love the place, the people, the atmosphere, but many millions of people will never be able to understand that the current government's actions do not represent the will of a great number of people. (Although Bush's awful economic policies did mean I got tons of cheap records over there last time I was there which I'm not complaining about.)
The economy is on a 3 year high or so. Is it really doing that bad? Maybe that's why we went to war, get the economy up? Just kidding. Outward aggresion? Sorry, trying to take out a leader who has gassed people in his own country, and has made his country poor as hell because he spends all the money his country gains off oil on his "Palaces" makes us a little aggressive? Well I'm damn proud to be aggressive then. Fuel a fire? That's the whole point, Bush is trying to put the fire out. We've sit back, and let the fire grow and grow, then 9/11 happened. Sitting back wasn't helping, Because Middle Eastern Governments were not doing anything about these Extremist Groups, so we decided to do something. Bush's links between Iraq and Al-Queda don't make sense? You think that every bit of information the government has goes public? Hell no. You think that half of what they have goes public? Hell no. You think that 1/10 of what they have goes public? Guess what? Hell no. The fact is that information was there, and though it may not have been enough for YOU to be happy, it was enough for CONGRESS TO VOTE to go to war...NOT THE PRESIDENT, THE CONGRESS VOTED. Don't give me that Bush pressed them to go to war. It was a large majority that voted to go to war, much more than just the Republicans in Senate. So that's a joke. Bin Laden is Saudi Arabian, but Bin Laden has also been disassociated by his family (if you believe them, I'm not sure I do). He hasn't really associated much with Saudi Arabia, yet I think that's where he's probably hiding. I'm not a fan of Saudi Arabia and their government, yet if we invaded because of their funding...I gurantee that YOU would be the first one on here talking about "a black liquid."