Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 01:11 PM   #18561 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Les Rallizes Dénudés - Mizutani (1991)
Japanese psychedelic/noise rock. Now, I had been lead to believe that I was in store for some mental, spacey, psych jam band stuff. What I got was more mellowed out, slow, at times melodic stuff. That was fine and I quite enjoyed it, but am I misunderstood here or do I just need to go for a different album?

Sigh - In Somniphobia (2012)
I don't even know how to describe this. I can't. It's like black metal, but via all kinds of stuff from symphonic metal, jazz, classical and prog. Throw in some killer guitar solo's as well. Its a good, crazy avante-garde metal album but I didn't enjoy it as much as the brilliant Imaginary Soniscape. Not that i should expect to, that album is about ten years old. It just happens to be the only other album of theirs I've heard.

Storm Corrosion - Storm Corrosion (2012)
Collaboration project from Mikael Åkerfeldt of Opeth and Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree. A long time in the works since the two formed a working relationship together. It's different, it's quite stripped down, hardly any drums, and it may not be mind blowing but it's a nice, relaxing record.

Jack White - Blunderbuss (2012)
It's taken me a while to get around to it. I'm almost finished it (second to last track playing now) and first impressions are....meh. I think it has some nice melodies and maybe it's something I could learn to enjoy more with repeated listens but I'm underwhelmed. I just wasn't feeling it for the most part, some of the lyrics I picked up on seemed kinda stupid and theres just not enough going on there to really carry it for me.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote