Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 11:04 AM   #18577 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Hmm. Sounds as though Audience could be a worth a listen!

More 2012 listens today for me:

WINTERFYLLETH - THE THRENODY OF TRIUMPH
British atmospheric black metal. This could well make my top 10 yet after a re-listen today. Good live band too.

WODENSTHRONE - CURSE
Another re-listen from a local black metal band (and we dont exactly have many), again on the atmospheric side. I like them but of course may be biased, as I'm over the moon to have a Sunderland band that arent The ****ing Futureheads. Will probably miss out on my top 10 though.

CLOUD NOTHINGS - ATTACK ON MEMORY
Post-hardcore/emo that seems to be getting a decent amount of hype. I didnt think it was bad by any means but it didnt really do it for me.

THE TALLEST MAN ON EARTH - THERES NO LEAVING NOW
I can't tell if this would benefit or hurt from repeated listens but, while it didn't exactly blow me away, this offered a nice, mellow distraction from the heavier stuff. A nice folky album.

DRAGGED INTO SUNLIGHT - WIDOWMAKER
Yup, still this album clings to my top spot for this year. Blackened death/doom, hard to categorise, and the most inventive metal album I've heard for a while that still packs an aggressive, violent kick.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote