Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 12:18 PM   #1626 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Christmas Party --- Boney M --- 2003 (BMG)

Ah, Boney M! What Christmas would be complete without them crooning about "Mary's boy child"? Certainly bringing a real sense of gospel to their disco funk trademark sound, this is one of several (and I mean several) Christmas albums released by the boney ones down the years, most of which are the same lineup with either very slight track changes or just a change of title. Then again, Christmas albums ain't exactly rocket science, y'know?

So you get what you'd expect: the carols, the party songs, some non-English language ones like "Feliz navidad" (Spanish?) and "Petit Papa Noel" (French, I think), but they all mean the same basic thing. You can't blame the artist here: no-one's exactly going to experiment when putting together a Christmas album: it's not quite reinventing the wheel, is it? Nonetheless, they do at least throw in some interesting ones, like "Zion's daugher", "Darkness is falling" and even "Auld lang syne", presumably to ensure the album gets a spin on New Year's Eve. There's a Christmas medley as an opener, and another near the end, with the expected inclusion of "Mary's boy child/Oh my Lord".

TRACKLISTING
1. Christmas Medley: Silent Night, Holy Night/Snow Falls Over The Ground/Hear Ye The Message/Sweet Bells
2. Oh Christmas Tree
3. Hark The Herald Angels Sing
4. Zion's Daughter
5. The First Noel
6. Oh Come All Ye Faithful
7. Petit Papa Noel
8. Darkness Is Falling
9. Joy To The World
10. White Christmas
11. Jingle Bells
12. Feliz Navidad
13. When A Child Is Born
14. Little Drummer Boy
15. Medley: Mary's Boy Child/Oh My Lord
16. Auld Lang Syne

Last edited by Trollheart; 12-07-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote