Music Banter - View Single Post - The Prog Rock Album Club
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 12:25 PM   #188 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Hey guys! We just passed 4000 views on the thread, and coming up on 190 replies! That's not bad, for a thread which was considered in intensive care with little chance of survival just a few months ago! Well done all, say I! Proof that if we want to, a handful of people can make something like this work.

Now, before we all break up for Christmas and lose our interest in reviewing albums for a little while, let me suggest our final album for 2012. It's a weird one.

VERY weird.

Alphataurus --- Alphataurus --- 1973

Alphataurus were an Italian progressive rock band (they're mentioned as RPI too, but I don't know much about that) who recorded the one album, then split while recording their second in 1974. That album was released later, after they had split, but reports say it was unfinished. I don't know, as I've only heard this one. Oddly, the pages at ProgRockArchives show a new album released this year, but I have no idea what that's about.

Anyway, I'm sure everyone will need a link, as these are hardly the most prolific or famous prog rock band of the 70s, so here's one...
http://www.trollheart.com/alphataurus.rar

It's a short album, only 40 minutes long and with only 5 tracks. Some are instrumental but when there are vocals they're in Italian, just to make things that much more interesting!

I'll be intrigued to see what people think of it.
Oh, since the vocals are not in English, you can obviously leave blank any references to lyrics, themes etc (unless you speak Italian, in which case, knock yourself out, and enlighten the rest of us while you're at it!)