Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 11:26 PM   #18579 (permalink)
Blarobbarg
Do good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopinuk View Post

DRAGGED INTO SUNLIGHT - WIDOWMAKER
Yup, still this album clings to my top spot for this year. Blackened death/doom, hard to categorise, and the most inventive metal album I've heard for a while that still packs an aggressive, violent kick.
I've really been enjoying this a lot, Mojo. Thanks for the link, it's great. The first act is a wonderful mixture of modern classical, Eastern European-influenced fiddle, and doom. That took me by complete surprise, but it was a happy surprise. When it jumped into the enormous rif***e of part II, it was basically what I was expecting: deliciously blackened death/doom. The whole album was wonderful. However, they could have skipped the death growls and stuck with the screams, they sounded much better. That's just my personal opinion though, you may think otherwise. Anyway, I'll be paying attention to an metal you post from now on, I can tell you're a man of tastes... better tastes than my own, that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post

One of those darnfangled "guitarist" albums that were so popular near the end of the 80's. Gotta say though, the bossa nova elements-meets-Satriani shreddage ain't too bad on a Friday night.
I'm almost positive I wouldn't like the album, but that cover is freaking fantastic.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ ^my RYM^  。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

(◠‿◠✿)
Blarobbarg is offline   Reply With Quote