Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 05:18 AM   #18581 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarobbarg View Post
I've really been enjoying this a lot, Mojo. Thanks for the link, it's great. The first act is a wonderful mixture of modern classical, Eastern European-influenced fiddle, and doom. That took me by complete surprise, but it was a happy surprise. When it jumped into the enormous rif***e of part II, it was basically what I was expecting: deliciously blackened death/doom. The whole album was wonderful. However, they could have skipped the death growls and stuck with the screams, they sounded much better. That's just my personal opinion though, you may think otherwise. Anyway, I'll be paying attention to an metal you post from now on, I can tell you're a man of tastes... better tastes than my own, that's for sure
The screams are all placed at the most powerful moments of the album, so I can see why you may think the way you do. I don't think the album would have been hurt much had they not included the growls also, but I think it all helps to make the bizarre entanglement of styles work and to make it, of course, completely devestating. I mean, this is one of the most evil sounding, desperate albums I've heard and it's all captured beautifully. Theres really nothing coming close to catching this for my favourite album of the year.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote