Music Banter - View Single Post - Has music become stagnant (stopped moving/evolving)?
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 07:10 AM   #60 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuingchange View Post
You and I are talking on two totally different levels. You are seeming to break everything down to its most basic (trivial) components and are not seeing it the way I'm seeing it. Sure, technically Eddies Van Halen's guitar thing was nothing 'new' in every sense of the word. Just as Michael Jackson's dancing was technically nothing new, I think everyone here knows that. But it was the style, the sound, the way they did it. They owned it. It sparked new energy on many different levels. EVH's guitar style pretty much set the entire stage of what rock became after that. There are only a few of those people throughout history who have "it" factor to cause true innovation.

Please don't pick apart what I just said man and try to come up with some cunning and witty rebuttal to it just for the sake of sounding smart like everyone else who uses the internet nowadays does. They'll sit there at their computer and think to themselves "what's a good way to word this that will make me seem so intelligent?" because trust me, that's how you've come off to me so far. I think you know full well what I'm saying here about the music thing anyway.
Yeah, you're bitching that things aren't as good as they used to be and expecting people to just agree with you. Problem is you aren't making the case very well and apparently get upset when someone responds to the examples you're trying to use.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote