Music Banter - View Single Post - The 2012 Music Banter User Awards: NOMINATIONS!
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #211 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Best avatar - Pedestrian. Not for a specific one, she just generally has great avatars.
Sexiest Member (male) - Abstain.
Sexiest Member (female) - Abstain.
Most Inane - Norg. Saying absolutely nothing worthwhile as inarticulately as possible since 2009.
Angriest member - Abstain motherfuckers!
Biggest Drama Whore - Above. I like her but the amount of drama got ridiculous.
Nicest member - Lisnaholic. Super-nice even when he's annoyed about something. I wish there were more like him.
Best debater - Unknown Soldier. I don't always agree with him, but he has an impressive ability to dismantle other people's arguments without breaking a sweat.
Worst debater - Hip Hop Bunny Hop. Watching him post links to things that undermine the very arguments he's trying to make is pretty hilarious, I'll give him that.
Best Writer - Mojo. I don't have much to add, I just find him to be one of the most articulate people on MB.
Biggest Virtuoso - Freebase. Multi-instrumentalist, excellent sound engineer, DJ, etc. The guy can do it all. I've always been very impressed.
Smartest poster - Thom Yorke. Give this man a riddle and he will solve it.
Funniest member - The Batlord. Guy cracks me up, and he's my favorite person to exchange friendly putdowns with on MB.
Best Mediator - Burning Down. Very level-headed and a great mod, what more is there to say?
Biggest Troll - Abstain.
Most Improved Member - Blastingas10. I think it was mostly about him getting in tune with tone of MB. I'm glad he has because I think he adds a lot to the conversations here.
Most Underrated Poster - Trollheart. I feel like he's noticed but not appreciated as much as he should be. I wish there were more people who put as much energy into this place as he does.
Most Obscure Music Taste - Mojo. I feel like lately every time I see him talking about a band they're either unsigned or extremely difficult to track down. And they usually seem to be quite good too.
Best Music Taste - This year I'm nominating Blarobbarg. He has one the most eclectic tastes on MB but doesn't simply love whatever he hears. He's a critical listener with strong opinions who clearly thinks a lot about music. I definitely respect that.
Biggest music nerd - Anteater. Extremely knowledgeable about a variety of music and never afraid to embrace the uncool.
Best Thread Starter - Urban. Somehow he's able to make any topic a worthwhile discussion or at least a hilarious discussion. It's a gift.
Most Missed Poster - Jackhammer. Not that he isn't here anyone, but he's not here nearly as much as he used to be. I really miss talking to him on a more regular basis.
Thread of the Year - Metal Wars. For quite a while this year this thread reached level of awesomeness rarely attained.
Best Journal - Anteater's Muzak 101: Legitimizing Smooth Jazz For The Unwashed Masses. He hasn't done as much with it as I'd like, but I love the concept and found it fascinating to read serious commentary on music that is usually dismissed (including by me) as the aural equivalent of a screen saver..
Moderator of the Year - LoathsomePete. I feel like the amount of work he does behind the scenes doesn't get enough recognition and I can't count the number of times I've gone to delete some spam only to find he's beaten me to it by half a second.
Best new 2012 member - Rjinn. She's gotten a lot of nominations already, and with good reason, because she pretty great and is a real asset to the site. I'm really happy she joined.
Member of the Year 2012 - Plankton. It's hard to explain, but there's a tone that this guy brings to every conversation he's a part of that's how I wish this place would always be.
Biggest Lounge Lizard - Tuna. At least lately. He's definitely made some of the most memorable threads there in recent memory.
Member you'd most like to meet in real life - Bob, Jackhammer, Engine. Three guys I could definitely enjoy a beer with.
Member you'd most want to avoid meeting in real life - Anyone who tries to sell kitchen supplies here.
Biggest Wanna-Be Moderator - Abstain.
Most amusing Shoutboxer - Abstain.