Music Banter - View Single Post - Human Behaviour
Thread: Human Behaviour
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
Stephen
I sleep in your hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Yorke View Post
Lying to fit in, no matter how small or inconsequential of a lie it is ("Oh yeah, I've seen that movie.")
Yeah my 8 yo daughter does that all the time. Some of the stuff she makes up just to fit a conversation with her friends really puzzles me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
Drivers who don't indicate. I don't drive so I get pavement rage. There is a roundabout that I have to traverse everyday on my walk to work and I am lucky if 10% of drivers indicate a left turn so if you are not indicating to take that left turn I am completely in my right to cross over.
I really hate that. Like if I'm waiting at a t-intersection for someone and they turn the corner without indicating so I waited for nothing. Especially frustrating when it wastes a break in traffic so you're sitting there another 5 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
People who say thank you when you hold a door open for them restore my faith in good manners as I always hold a door open for people. People who DON'T say a thank you will get a very sarcastic " you're welcome" at the top of my voice. Not had a retort yet but then a shaved head and beard usually works as a deterrent not to mess.
What about when you hold a door open for someone and there is a rush of people exiting but no-one else moves to hold the door for those coming behind them so you either stand there like an idiot holding the door for everyone or let the door close on someone which looks bad when you held it for all those who came before them. Stupid social quandaries.

Last edited by Stephen; 12-09-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote