Music Banter - View Single Post - my crippled friends, etc.
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 12:17 PM   #69 (permalink)
Key

I've been thinking about this for a couple days and I wanted to give my two cents on it again. I've come to a point where I feel that if a private business doesn't have handicap accessible ramps, it should be their choice whether they want to put them in or not. I'm only basing this off the notion that their private business is located on their own private property. I looked at it from a POV of someone who used to work for a company that was home office based. If somebody came to the house and demanded it to be handicap accessible, I would definitely see the issue that would arise with the owner of the property.

However, with public businesses such as a restaurant and a grocery store, they should be made to become handicap accessible if the issue were to rise. I don't think it's appropriate for somebody to complain about it for no reason. I would say under certain circumstances i.e. an employee is handicapped and needs an easier form of getting into the workplace, than yes, I do think that there should be a ramp installed, even if it's a metal ramp that could be taken down if need be.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote