Music Banter - View Single Post - NEED HELP firguring out what gear to buy to get started in electronic music
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
jackkelly890
Groupie

Exclamation NEED HELP firguring out what gear to buy to get started in electronic music

Hello, I'm a multi-instrument player who has been looking to start a band since I started high school (I'm a senior now), and having been unable to find other musicians, want to try something different. I want to start a project either alone or with one other guitarist in which I am going to play psychedelic electronic rock music drawing inspiration from artists such as the Disco Biscuits, Papadosio, STS9, Neon Indian, Ott, Shpongle, and pretty much anything different and out there. My goal is to play guitar while simultaneously operating electronic equipment (assuming this is possible). Now here is my problem. I have no experience in electronic music and don't even know what kind of equipment to look for. I'm assuming I should look for something similar to the band Cherub's setup. Here's a video of them playing, I can't post links yet but just copy and paste this into a youtube address.
/watch?v=A4NnmXyfVo4
If somebody could identify the equipment they're using and point me in the direction of a reasonably priced (preferably under $1500) set of equipment it would be very helpful to me as a musician. Or if this isn't something that can really be accomplished with no experience in electronica, feel free to burst my bubble.
jackkelly890 is offline   Reply With Quote