Music Banter - View Single Post - Human Behaviour
Thread: Human Behaviour
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 07:25 PM   #69 (permalink)
midnight rain
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
I think most people casually accept "no problem" but I personally think it sounds crude unless you've asked somebody to go above and beyond their normal call of duty in which case they may say "not at all" or something.
I guess it's generally acceptable as a laid back alternative to "you're welcome" in everyday life.
In a professional setting, however, saying "no problem" translates to "Dude, I'm still just a kid so this is the best way I know how to say you're welcome." So if you ever have a job where you regularly talk to clients that spend a lot of money on your services you'll quickly learn not to say "no problem" when they thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
I guess it's okay to use it informally, but not in a professional or academic atmosphere. Especially when dealing with customers or people who work with the company on the supply chain, etc. Sounds very immature to me.
Oh yeah derp, I meant that's what I say when I'm holding the door for someone and they say "Thanks" like out on the street. I'm not even in a professional environment yet, but I'll probably be more formal when I am.
midnight rain is offline   Reply With Quote